U P C O M I N G C A L E N D A R
Saturday, September 23, 75th Collegiate Seminar Symposium at Saint Mary’s College of California. More details to come soon!
PAST READINGS & EVENTS
(for past academic presentations, please click on Teaching)
- 9 June 2017 “Bridging: A One-Day Writing Retreat, Hedgebrook and SMC MFA Creative Writing” facilitated workshop “Tracking a Moving Target: Applying to Residencies & Fellowships”
- 26, February 2016 “Cleave: Bay Area Women Writers” @ Octopus Literary Salon with Candace Eros Dias and Mary Volmer
- 19 February 2015 Under the Influence Reading at The Emerald Tablet, 80 Fresno St. San Francisco CA 94133.
- 14 November 2014 reading with Raina León (organizer), Elizabeth Rosner, and Judith Hablesky @ Orinda Books, 276 Village Square, Orinda, CA.
- 17 November 2014 “Inciting the Global Imagination: Daring Students to Become Cosmographers” Interactive Workshop, sponsored and organized by Saint Mary’s College International Club, Soda Center (1928 Moraga Road, Moraga, CA 94575).
- 18 October 2014, SMC MFA @ Lit Crawl with Josh Braff, Lily Brown, Robert Andrew Perez, and Susan Sasson, Bay Blend Coffee & Tea, San Francisco, CA.
- 12 January 2014, Hazel Reading Series, including readers Sarah Frisch, Mei Li Ooi, Carolyn Cooke, and Monique Wentzel, San Francisco, CA.
- 20 November, “Life After the MFA” part of a panel that includes Brenda Hillman, Joshua Mohr, and Colby Gillete, Saint Mary’s College of California MFA Creative Writing Program.
- 19 October, 2013, Guest Authors Panel #2: Writing Our Way Home: Shaping Tradition, History and Culture. Luisa Igloria, Jon Pineda, Lysley Tenorio with Rashaan Meneses as moderator, Filipino American International Book Festival (Filbookfest 2) Likhâ ng Lahi, San Francisco Public Library.
- 2 March 2013, Babylon Salon Spring 2013 Reading with Terry Bisson, Tamim Ansary, Kate Durbin, and Renee Thompson, Cantina SF, San Francisco.
- 28 November 2012, PAWA Presents Lysley Tenorio, Monstress. Moderated by Rashaan Alexis Meneses, The Philippine Consulate
- 18 November 2012, “Political Narratives in Colonial Amnesia: Filipino/American Landscapes”, Political Content & Engagement Writing Workshops at Mills College with instructor Melissa Rae Sipin-Gabon, co-sponsored by ANAKBAYAN East Bay, TAYO Literary Magazine and Philippine American Writers & Artists.
- 14 October 2012, “Power of Voice” Workshops, 9th Grade Student Leadership Annual Conference, Puente Project, Saint Mary’s College of California
- 29 September 2011- “The Places We Call Home” (part of the International Filipino Book Festival 2011) at Eastwind Books of Berkeley.
- 14 May 2011- Keynote Speaker for Saint Mary’s College of California’s Asian Pacific American Student Association’s Cultural Graduation Ceremony
- 27 April 2011- Saint Mary’s College of California’s Creative Writing Reading Series Alumni Reading with Rosemary Graham and Rashaan Alexis Meneses
- 16 May 2010 – “Eating Our Words: Writings About Food & Family,” Asian Culinary Forum’s 2010 Symposium: “Filipino Flavors = Tradition + Innovation
- 17 April 2010 – GUFFII Reading at the I-Hotel, Manilatown Heritage Foundation
- February 2010 – Guest Lecturer for USF’s Filipino American Arts YPSP 316 taught by Barbara Jane Reyes
- January 2010 – Growing Up Filipino II Book Launch, Bayanihan Community Center, San Francisco
- November 2009 – PAWA, Inc’s Community & Academic Writing Programs: A Panel for Emerging Writers, San Francisco Public Library
- October 2009 – “I’s Through the Looking Glass”- Organized and presented this a two-hour forum and workshop for Saint Mary’s students, staff, and faculty to explore and discuss issues concerning identity and culture, Delphine Cultural Center
- November 2008 – MFA Open House Panel, MFA Creative Writing Program, Saint Mary’s College of CA
- October 10, 2007 – “A Night of Filipino-American Writing” Presented by APASA and MFA Creative Writing Program, Saint Mary’s College of California
- February 22, 2007 – “Sense…& Sensuality: Literary Reading,” Sponsored by Asian American Women Writer’s Association, Encantada Gallery of Fine Arts, San Francisco.
- March 24, 2006 – “Blurred into the Landscape: Writing the Lives of Invisible Los Angeles” graduate presentation for City University of New York’s English Students Association, Graduate Student Conference on “Literature and the City.”
- January 2006 – Paolo Javier’s “A Play, A Play”, Small Press Traffic’s Poet’s Jamboree, California College of the Arts
- October 2005 – The Lovely Nowhere- Readings by Bay Area Pin@y Writers, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- October 2004 – “Wide Eyed Workshop: Nurturing Emerging Asian American Voices” by Eurie Chung in Asians in America Magazine
- March 2004 – “Pilipino Alumni Association’s Career Nights Network” James West Alumni Center, UCLA
- — “Babae- A Special Edition of the FilAm ARTS Bazaar celebrating International Women’s Day,” LA, CA
- February 2004 – “Our Young Filipino Writers- The Filipino American’s Uphill Battle” by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard in Filipinas Magazine
- October 2003 – “PinaySPEAKS: Making Connections Through Words and Memory” Workshop, Filipino American National Historical Society (FANHS), San Diego Chapter Conference
- May 2003 – “The Mixed Race Experience” on 90.7 KPFK’s Program Aziatik Rythymz, Pacifica Radio
- — “Verbal Eyes” Organized by CAPSA “Art of War”, Ackerman Student Union, UCLA Campus
- September 2002 – Moderated “Finding Home” Reading Series, PAN Literary Arts/Spoken Word, SIPA, Los Angeles, CA