- June 2016 – Academic Paper Presentation “Craft is Culture: Writing & Reading a Global Imagination” Great Writing: The International Creative WritingConference (UK), Imperial College, London, UK.
- 9-11 July 2014 – Academic Paper Presentation “Identity as Performance in the Post-Colonial Bildungsroman” The International Conference Youth in/and Literature, organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, the Universidad NOVA de Lisboa in Lisbon, Portugal, July 2014.
- 5-7 July 2014 – Academic Paper Presentation “Then the World Widened: Daring Creative Writing Students to be Cartographers of the Global Imagination”, 7th Global Conference Diasporas: Exploring Critical Issues, organized by Interdisciplinary.net, Mansfield College, Oxford, UK.
- 31 March 2012- Academic Paper Presentation “We’re All Others Now: Revisiting Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness in the Age of Post-post-colonialism”at Associated Core Texts and Courses 18th Annual Conference, The Hilton Milwaukee City Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 21 October 2011- Associated Core Texts and Curriculum at Saint Mary’s College, paper presentation: “Engaging First Generation Students with Jean Jacques Rousseau’s Discourse on Inequality.”
- 16 April 2011- “Engaging First Generation Students with Jean Jacques Rousseau’s Discourse on Inequality” academic paper presentation for The Associated Core Texts and Courses sponsored by Yale University.
- “Arts & Humanities Panel”, Spring Northern California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education, San Jose State University, March 2016.
- 4 March 2013- Moderated Liberal & Civic Studies Panel “A Passion for Service to the Public: Generation X & Y Out Front” at Saint Mary’s College of California.
- 18 November 2012 – Guest lecture for “Political Narratives in Colonial Amnesia: Filipino/American Landscapes” for the Political Content & Engagement Workshop organized and led by Melissa Sipin Gabon, Mills College.
- 5 April 2012- Guest lecture for Barbara Jane Reyes’ Pinay Literature course at the University of San Francisco
- 16 November 2011- Guest Lecture for Interpersonal Communication Class at Ohlone College, lead the session “Digital Citizenship & Digital Communities.”
- February 2017 and September 2016 Co-facilitated “Tools for Difficult Moments in Seminar” with Desiree Anderson and Corliss Watkins, Saint Mary’s College of California.
- November 2014 “Inciting the Global Imagination: Daring Students to Become Today’s Cosmographers”, Interactive Workshop, Saint Mary’s College of California’s International Club.
- 26 March 2014 – Presented “On Reflection” Collegiate Seminar Faculty Formation Workshop, Saint Mary’s College of California.
- 11 January 2014 – Presented “Incorporating John Trimble’s Writing with Style” Composition Faculty Development Workshop, Saint Mary’s College of California.
- 22 October 2011- SMC Parent Welcome Weekend Classes without Quizzes, lead the session “Classroom as Kitchen Table: Education Through Conversation and Feeding Hungry Minds.”
- March 2010 – “Getting Savvy with SLO’s” presenter for Composition Colloquium, Saint Mary’s College of California.