Something fun while trudging through the quagmire of mid fall semester, The Guardian UK covers “Six Songs of Me: Just why music matters so much to us …” and yours truly just couldn’t resist playing along.
Below are the six songs that have given meaning to life. Have a go and maybe create your own play list.
Check out my playlist here.
What was the first song you ever bought?
- On the cassette tape, Michael Jackson’s Thriller with “Human Nature” on repeat.
What song always gets you dancing?
- I can’t lie on this one, 2pac’s “How Do U Want It?”
What song takes you back to your childhood?
- The Muppet Theme Song Brings tears of joyful memories now.
What is your perfect love song?
- Tom & Elis, “Aguas de Marco” played for our reception.
What song would you want at your funeral?
- Morrissey, “Sing Your Life” (Tried to find a Smiths songs but they’re all horribly inappropriate)
Time for an encore. One last song that makes you, you.
- The Smiths “Stretch Out and Wait” All time, hands down, absolute favorite.